Hardware Mod for Daystar 50MHz Card

Jim Jagielski jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri May 25 23:35:36 AEST 1990

I've received a Daystar Accelerator II for my MacII. The Accel-Card is the
50MHz (CPU and FPU) version. I just want to tell all the other A/UX'ers
out there who either have the Daystar card or are thinking about getting it
that A HARDWARE MODIFICATION TO THE CARD MUST BE MADE BY DAYSTAR FOR A/UX
TO RECOGNIZE OR USE THE FLOPPY DRIVES.

If you have the card, you have to send it back to Daystar for the mod;
turnaround is quick (3 days in my case). If you haven't gotten it yet
be SURE to tell your dealer or Daystar (if you buy direct) that you will
need the mod, which consists of a little daughter-board.

Good luck!

:            I ain't endorsing nothing... just offering info!                   :