Can't get Ethernet up

leonard kleinow kleinow at caen.engin.umich.edu
Thu Nov 15 12:25:02 AEST 1990

Ok, here's one:

Just got a Cabletron ethernet card for my Mac IIci running A/UX 2.0.  The
card works just fine, as evidenced by my writing this letter thru it right
now.  However, A/UX refuses to have anything to do with it.

When I enter 'newconfig -v nfs' in a commandshell window,
it tells me that I have three cards installed, and it cannot find
drivers for any of them.  It doesn't surprise me for the SuperMac video or
the color printer card, but it should have a driver for the ethernet card,
right?  I mean, I used the Installer to install EtherTalk 2.0, and viewing
with ResEdit shows all the resources are in /mac/sys/System Folder/System.

In other news, A/UX 2.0 refuses to talk to my AppleShare server which runs
on a MacPlus, but does talk to the one upstairs running on an SE/30.  What
do I have to do to the Mac Plus?

Thanks,

Leonard Kleinow
kleinow at caen.engin.umich.edu