uucp scripts (continued)

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Tue Nov 13 12:49:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov12.075943.2355 at panix.uucp> alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>>I personally hardly belive that one should spend a lot of time fixing
>>sendmail so it's userfriendly, especially in the advent of new
>>electronic mail networks and X.500 servers.
>
>User friendly? How about mail-friendly? I don't care how ugly it is. I just
>want it to work the way it's supposed to. I can't wait five years for X.500
>to get my mail across town, I can walk it over considerably faster than that.

>A/UX 2.0 is a wonderful product. But I'm afraid you're defending one of its
>weakest parts...

Note that sendmail is a universal mail switching UNIX application, and if you
think it's weak, don't complain on A/UX 2.0 then. Personally I think its
amusing that marketing people talk a lot about UNIX networking capabilitites.

...well, they have never done any sendmail.cf hacking... And I hope that
the UNIX community does not create such burdensome standards programs
in future.

Regards,
Kent

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND