Setup Problems and Questions

andrew.schnable schnable at cbnewsc.att.com
Sat Nov 17 04:26:52 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Nov15.213004.17890 at chinet.chi.il.us>, by henry at chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt):
> My problem is that I can't access slice 3.  There is no
> /dev/dsk/c6d0s3 ! I've set up the /etc/disktab from the info given
> by SilverLining.  Please help, I'd like to put /users in this
> partiton.

This is a bug in the AUX 2.0 install process. You will have to create
the entry by hand using mknod. look at similar entries in /dev/dsk
(and /dev/rdsk) and do the c6d0s3 entry similarly. I'm sorry that I
can't be more specific - my IIci is at home. I posted a detailed
description of my AUX startup problems and work arounds this summer
(the week AUX 2.0 started to ship) If you have access to comp.unix.aux
archives, you might try looking the article up...

a.schnable at att.com