Using Apple Display Card GC & 8*24GC INIT

Charles Ehrlich ehrlich at bernini.ced.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 25 19:43:31 AEST 1990

I attempted to use the GC card sooo long awaited to no avail.  I
tried to install the accompanying INIT called 8*24GC (where * is
the option-created bullet) into the Login System Folder to no avail.  The
damn thing would not start any MacOS sessions.  Then I tried to
do the impossible...delete that unsuspecting INIT and discovered
that there is no way of typing the bullet character and therefore
no easy way to delete the init!!  The only thing that I found worked (in case
any of you in net land make the same mistake) was to create a
subdirectory within the "damaged" system folder and mv * into it.
The nasty init is not "found" and so stays put.  Then mv that
subdirectory ../  and follow it up with cd ../  and then do a
rm -r System Folder (being sure you know what you're doing.)

I'm hoping this GC card is going to accelerate A/UX based MacX.
Please clue me in if I am totally in left field.

Chas