How do you use Dial-up SLIP?

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Thu Nov 8 06:16:09 AEST 1990

In article <CHET.90Nov5154510 at commanche.Advansoft.COM> chet at Advansoft.COM (Chet Wood) writes:
>It seems to me, because of these things, that it would be more than
>worth it to use a leased line for SLIP access...

Leased lines are better than dialup connections; there is no doubt about
that.  However, they also are significantly expensive, can sometimes be hard
to get, and generally require explicit budget justification rather than
getting a "free ride" on existing hardware and existing phone bills.
--
"I don't *want* to be normal!"         | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
"Not to worry."                        |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry