CommandShell 32 vs. 24

Jim Jagielski jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 14 02:21:53 AEST 1990

I know this was answered before, but I seem to have lost my hardcopy of it
(NEVER trust paper :)

Anyway, what are the operational differences between CommandShell(32) and
CommandShell24. There are a few Mac programs that I use that simply don't
like 32-bit mode (VersaTerm 3.0.2 being one of the worst offenders) and
it's a pain thinking "Will I be running VT-Pro in this session" and if the
answer is yet, going mac24 but if it's "no" then I type mac32 and 9 times
outta 10 I gotta run one of those programs anyway and... Crash!

Will I be giving up a LOT if I just use 24-bit mode as my default? Any
speed differences? I've yet to run across a program that doesn't like CS24
(except for the obvious ones, like SCSI stuff, etc...) but a few HATE CS(32).

E-mail responses are fine... I'll post a summary to the net.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."