NeXT (was: Upgrade Prices.)

Michael D Mellinger melling at cs.psu.edu
Wed Nov 21 17:58:21 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov20.113138.21269 at xenlink.uucp> @xenlink.uucp writes:

   [Surprising information on Apple's outrageous upgrade cost deleted]

   If you have a need for Unix - buy a Sun, or some sort of Intel box and run
   AT&T or SCO Unix - I will now do that very thing.  In my opinion A/UX besides
   being Apple orphan (support is a joke) is over priced - bang for the buck, etc.

   Terry Cioni in Calgary, Alberta.

You forgot about the NeXT!  The 68040 NeXTs started shipping
yesterday.  Word has it that System 2.0 looks great.  $5000 today will
buy you the computer that Apple will sell to you next year for $10,000
(w/o A/UX :-)).

-Mike