A/UX INIT/cdev questions

Michael Temkin mst at mx.csun.edu
Tue Nov 27 14:25:46 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.100944.10273 at tsa.co.uk> domo at tsa.co.uk (Dominic Dunlop) writes:

> 1. What is this INIT nestling in my system folder?  It doesn't seem to
>    do any harm.  But then, it doesn't need to do any good either.  I
>    can't find it documented anywhere -- even in the Macintosh System
>    Software or Utilities guides (the latest I have are for System
>    6.0.4).  (Clues: I'm running a Mac IIx with an E Machines
>    controller and grey-scale monitor, and the INIT puts up an icon
>    with a big X through it on start-up.)

This is a video INIT, I asked someone on the help line (during my 30
days) but since I didn't have the video card it was looking for, I
flushed the info.  Bob, can you answer this one???

> 2. And what is the meaning of the icon showing what looks like a cross
>    between a toolbox and a telephone on startup?
>
>Enquiring mind wants to know...
>--
>Dominic Dunlop

As someone already stated, it is the Communications Toolbox.

Mike.

--
Mike Temkin
mst at csun.edu
Cal. State U. Northridge, School of Engineering and Computer Science
Voice phone: (818) 885-3919