4 Megg SIMMs. Should I or shouldn't I?

David J. Harr wirehead at oxy.edu
Fri Nov 2 03:10:00 AEST 1990

Ok, I am finally taking the big step and upgrading my Mac II to a IIfx.
Since I have to buy all new memory anyway, I am considering getting 4 4Meg
SIMMs and 4 1Meg SIMMs instead of 8 1Meg SIMMs. This is a signifigantly more
expensive proposition, so I want to ask all the people out there in A/UX
land: Is it worth it? Using 20 MBytes of memory, do you see any major
improvement while running A/UX as compared to a stock (stock? I remember
when I lusted after a machine with a whole *2 Megs* in it. Ah, the good old
days...) 8 Meg machine? I don't foresee any really large compiles or
anything under A/UX although I might try out my new shiny MPW 3.2 and see
if it really will compile in the background under A/UX while running
MultiFinder as the front process. Anyway, I would like some guidance on this
(Actually, I'm probably really just looking for enough people to say "GO FOR
IT" that I will fell justified in maxing out yet *ANOTHER* credit card doing
this, but that's another story...) to help me make an informed decision.

The preceding opinion was another fine product from the fevered brain of

			  wirehead at oxy.edu

"When you want wacko opinions, get only the very best."