RasterOps 364 board experience

powers at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu powers at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Sat Nov 24 10:20:57 AEST 1990

In article <545 at wybbs.mi.org>, gosciak at wybbs.mi.org (Doug Gosciak) writes:
> Has anyone had any experience using the RasterOps 364 combo board with
>A/UX 2.0?
>
> I'm considering getting it and the DigiDesign AudioMedia board in the special
> offer currently beingmad but would like to be sure it works with A/UX before
> spending $2400+ on them.

I just bought 8 Raster Ops 364 boards.  When installed in my IIfx with the
regular apple display the machine would crash frequently.  When installed by
itself it works fine in any real mode.  The inits, and programs that let it
do anything more than 24 bit video seem to fail miserably.  I'm running
AUX 2.0.1a.

I sent maikl to RASTERHELP at APPLELINK.APPLE.COM and they said the problem
was in AUX and it would get fixed when Apple fixed it.  Something about
AUX not passing all the CSCODES or something.

I'd really like to use this board under AUX, but I guess I'll just have to
wait.

					Mark Powers