Font for CommandShell

Jim Jagielski jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 2 03:20:31 AEST 1990

This is a small item to some people. The solution is painfully obvious
but it may help out some people who are curious...

Under CommandShell, I always want to use the COURIER font, but it always
seemed too "packed in" for my taste (vertical-wise, that is). What I did
was to use FONT/DA Mover to copy COURIER into a new font file (called,
CSFont). I then used ResEdit to open this file and change it's name to
CSFont (open FOND, then Get Resource Information and change the name to
CSFont. I then changed some of the type to better suite my tastes. The
1st thing I did what to increase the descender by 1 point to open up
the vertical spacing. I then made ".", "," and other punctuation a little
more noticable (i.e. "fatter"). I then saved and closed the changes.
It's then a simple matter to add this font to your System (using
FONT/DA Mover) and set up your Preferences to use CSFont...

Looks nice...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."