SCSI tape drive (exabyte 8200) - how does one install it?

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Wed Nov 14 21:45:44 AEST 1990

I was waiting for someone else to answer this, but nobody had anything to say.

Anyway, MicroNet has working drivers for TEACs, Tandbergs, and WangTek DATs.

The problem is, "working" doesn't mean "releasable". Tar and cpio will fail
with any large job (trivial ones work). Dump and restore work, but I've seen
problems there too- restore not wanting to restore and suchlike.

With all the problems with tar and cpio discussed previously in this group,
I wouldn't be surprised if this was another area where A/UX just doesn't quite
cut it yet. But perhaps it's the drivers. The problem is, there's no way to
tell, since Apple has failed to provide us with a working tape of any sort.

The MicroNet drivers were written by Tony Cooper- they're direct descendants
of the ones he distributed a while ago.

FWB claims to have shipped drivers for the TEAC and WangTek (?) DAT as well.
I have no further information regarding this.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis