kermit serial port troubles

Kevin P Fowler kev at nvuxl.UUCP
Mon Oct 22 11:17:59 AEST 1990

I have also experienced problems using the serial port under
A/UX 2.0.  Basically, I was messing around with VersaTerm Pro,
which works fine under the MacOS, while in A/UX 2.0 and found
that I would get a prompt from the MICOM, but nothing I typed
appeared in the window.

I then tried to get out to the MICOM through the serial port
using Kermit.  I did set line... which was accepted, as was
set speed ..., but when I connected the first character I typed
caused an error message ".. I/O error .." ( I don't have the exact
text here).  Sometimes I actually got as far as to login to the
mainframe, but after a couple of commands, it would bomb out
and give that error message again.

Apple said that it was awfully wierd.  The VersaTerm Pro people
said that there wass something strange with the serial ports
on the IIfx under AU/X 2.0.  I'm waiting for Apple to log in and
rummage around my system to see if they can find something.
I'll let you know if the solve this because it may be connected to
this other serial port problem.

Also, if anyone else has experienced this and solved it, let me know!
I have a IIfx with 8MB.  No probs under MacOS, mucho probs under A/UX 2.0.

Kevin