MacOS --> A/UX

Kevin Damour damour at sol.ral.rpi.edu
Wed Oct 17 02:47:51 AEST 1990

I had the same problems until I used od -h on each file and saw that
a header was attached.  To get around this problem I download my tar
files with type ???? and creator ???? (to avoid any newline character
switches) and then strip the header off (it is a constant number of
bytes with these files so just write a small program to fseek past the
header and copy the rest of the bytes to a file).  This works fine
although changing file type may be viewed as evil.
   Kevin Damour
   damour at ral.rpi.edu