Problem with A/UX 2.0's tar and symbolic links.

Charles Neil chn at lanl.gov
Sat Oct 13 08:00:33 AEST 1990

Has anyone else run into this problem?  My configuration
is A/UX 2.0 on a IIfx.  If I have a directory which contains,
among all of its subdirectories, a total of more than 27
symbolic links, then tar will dump core when it encounters the
28th link during the course of archiving the directory.  Needless
to say, this is an inconvenience, since, to cite a mundane example,
if you have a Useful Commands and a System Folder, you're apt to
have more than 27 symbolic links.
--

	-Charlie Neil (chn at lanl.gov)
	 Los Alamos National Laboratory (505) 665-0978