No more Processes error

Ira Lee ira at iear.arts.rpi.edu
Fri Oct 12 08:00:40 AEST 1990

When I have 45 processes going, I am unable to start any more.
I've increased my NPROC with kconfig to 200 and my MAXUP to 100.
Still,this did not solve the problem.

I am running X11R4 on a macII.  I have set aside 18 meg of swap. I have
5 M physical ram.  swap -l tells me that I have about 13 meg free of
swap space.

at first , i suspected that I was running out of memory.  But since
I got the error with swap space free, i thought perhaps that
aux wasn't utilizing the swap correctly - if this problem is a memory
shortage problem.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
ira

bye
Ira Lee
iradx7 at pawl.rpi.edu			ira at iear.arts.rpi.edu