EtherPortII drivers: Old (1.1) and New (2.0)

Jim Jagielski jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 2 01:55:02 AEST 1990

I have just finished removing the old (1.1) drivers for the Intel EtherPortII
card (as well as removing the card) and installing the "new" National Ether-
PortII card and the 2.0 drivers from Dayna.

At 1st glance, everything looks fine and works normally... supposedly the
new card boosts "higher" performance than the old one, but I haven't noticed
any performance change... I am using the card only for TCP/IP traffic, so
I don't know how it's support for EtherTalk is.

I'll keep all informed.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."