MacOS --> A/UX

Mark Sherman mss+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 16 21:01:40 AEST 1990

Look at my previous msgs on this newsgroup and the responses. Exactly
my problem. I'll bet your FTP program (MacIP? NCSA Telnet?) is marking
the downloaded files as TEXT and thus they are having their new lines
converted when you move them onto AUX.

However, I am still looking for comments about my hanging TextEditor.
I have now had to reboot my system 4 times today (look at the
message header!). If I can`t trust my text editor to work, I have to
throw it away. As best I can tell, the editor will hang Unix on a random save.
So far, I have not had it hang on a Save As, and I am using that as a work
around until that too starts to fail.
         -Mark