xinit under A/UX

John Coolidge coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 9 14:11:43 AEST 1990

Thanks to everybody who sent helpful messages. The root cause of
the problem, as you probably guessed, was my fault. I picked up
the BSD compatibility bug when building things and linked a bunch
of things with -lbsd. Unfortunately, some clients don't agree with
that: xinit and xterm being two. Xterm I figured out fast, but
xinit took a bit longer. I (and my new release of X11 w/shared
libraries) are now xinitting fine.

--John