PostScript,lpr and lp

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU.BITNET
Mon Oct 1 03:45:00 AEST 1990

Hello netters
I am having trouble (ie it won't work) sending a "raw"
PostScript file to my LaserWriter Plus via the lp command
The job is queued but nothing comes out!
"Regular" text files print just fine.

The PostScript file contains the "Magic Number" %!PS-Adobe-
The same file sent to "lpr" does the "right" thing.

The same file sent via the atprint command also prints
properly.

Any Suggestions?

I just obtained the ETO CD-ROM from apple. It contains a
(pre)Beta of MPW that seems to work fine with A/UX.

This version of MPW also contains a library which allows
"plain" C/Pascal/(and maybe C++) programs to be compiled
and "run". When launched these programs auto-magically pop
open a "scrollin" window for I/O. ( By plain I mean classical
programs with no Mac GUI stuff).

Yesterday whilst vi'ng a file my Mac started making a loud (obnoxius)
tone that would not go away until I rebooted...
Anyone else ever have the problem?

Jerry
| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |