emacs 18.55 problem

Jon Hamilton hamilton at kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu
Fri Feb 8 04:40:31 AEST 1991

I recently got source for emacs 18.55 and diffs from wuarchive.wustl.edu and
made the software.  When I try to execute the resulting binary, I get a
message like: emacs: Not enough space.  /etc/swap says:

path              dev  swaplo blocks   free
/dev/dsk/c1d0s1  25,1       0  30000  29784

which leads me to believe that I should have plenty of swap space.  Does
anybody have any idea what the problem might be?  I compiled it with the
native cc and CFLAGS= O.

system: SE/30 w/ A/UX 2.0.

Thanks much.

jon

--

%  Internet       : hamilton at kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu | Insert cute and/or %
%  America Online : JonHam                           | deeply meaningful  %