newfs for non Apple Drives

Allen Pippin,RTP,8189, rap at n5pph007.UUCP
Tue Feb 5 23:24:36 AEST 1991

Has any 2.01b user out there tried creating a file system on
a non-apple disk drive, say a Fujitsu 135M unit?

I have tried it and have had limited success.  Here's what I did -

0) Partition a usr slice 2  (the whole disk) with SilverLining 5.27
1) edit disktab and put the tracks sectors and cylinders reported in
   silverlining for the Fuji 135 into a disktab entry FUJI135.
2) scsi up the disk on port 4 and run newfs /dev/dsk/c4d0s2 FUJI135
	(don't remember exact syntax)
3) watch it die after making 20 or so super-block backups.

Could it be a problem with the disktab entry or that A/UX just doesn't like
the FUJI mechanism?  (BTW I have been completely unsucessful getting the
FUJI mechanism and A/UX 2.00 to talk)

Thanks for any help....