A/UX concerns

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Fri Feb 22 05:40:26 AEST 1991

>In article <1991Feb21.031529.4498 at ni.umd.edu>, steveg at ni.umd.edu (Steve Green) writes:

>|> Last time I heard the "tell us what is wrong" song, I did and I still cant
>|> use NFS reliably. (9 months ago I reported the problem in 2.0b9)  Maybe its
>|> just me but I feel that a faulty NFS implementation is a MAJOR problem.
>|> (Hey Bob, remember me?)  aux.support.apple.com:aux.patches/  USE IT!

Hi, speaking as a former tech support person, questions like these
are very hard to follow up - without any kinds of examples/tests/proof/
configuration and so on. For instance, what kind of load do you have on
the network? Is it the server or the client side that's bad? What
revisions on Ethernet cards? Apple Ethernet cards? What kind of
network configutation do you have, what kinds of machines/OS are
connected to the network? Broadcast storms?

Issues such as this would certainly give a better answer on c.u.aux.

Regards,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo