A/UX 2.1 on a IIfx: Please tell me I'm wrong about Apple.

Rick Keir, MACC keir at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:25:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.200643.2976 at wubios.wustl.edu>, jeff at wubios.wustl.edu (Jeff Gabel) writes...

>Configuration: Macintosh IIfx w/  8 Mbytes RAM
>                                  Apple 2-page display
>                                  Apple 8*24 display card
I have a similar configuration I've worked with that belongs to
a Professor here on campus.  I too was dismayed to discover that
it didn't work (altho at the time I was told that there seemed
to be no reason why it shouldn't work).  The problem was eventually
solved on a temporary basis by swapping the 8*24 card with an
old 2-page display board that we had, running another Mac 2 page
display off of the 8*24 board, and waiting for A/UX 2.01.

I hope this problem is fixed in 2.01, because sometime I need to
get the inventories of cards straightened back out (altho so far
no one's quibbled since each machine is running!)