Problem with A/UX 2.0 & Apple CD-ROM Driver

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Mon Feb 18 13:37:07 AEST 1991

In article <1442 at ucl-cs.uucp> J.Pearce at cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:

>I have tried reinstallation and new SCSI cable and terminator with no
>success. However, if you remove the Apple CD-ROM driver from the Mac OS
>System Folder the problem totally disappears which makes me very suspicious
>about the compatibility of this driver with A/UX.

Hmm, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the default SCSI
dev driver provided with A/UX 2.0(.1) should work with CD-ROM
units. I.e. you don't need to install the MacOS dev driver, which
should not work anyway because it talks with the SCSI Manager (not
present as an emulated Manager under A/UX).

The MacOS driver should be present though in the System folder
of the Startup volume (note not the A/UX System Folder). This is
especially true of drivers provided by other CD driver suppliers.

There's is a known problem/limitation with CDs that are inserted
into the CD drive while powering up A/UX. Don't do that.

Hope this helps,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo