AUX 2.0.1 cost

Piper Keairnes piper at s5000.RSVL.UNISYS.COM
Fri Feb 22 01:00:35 AEST 1991

ostroff at Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) writes:

>Well I was interested too and checked it out about a week ago.  Boy was
>I shocked.  The HEPP pricing, plus a 10% markup at our college store was
>$730 for A/UX with the "Accessory Kit" (what's that?) and $587 for the
>manuals.  It is somewhat cheaper to buy it on a CD-ROM.

While at a Computer Fair, a salesman gave me the impression that educational
prices would be on the order of $400-$500. Bummer...

Does the release come with manuals in the electronic form? (e.g. troff sources
for the full blown manuals... not man pages)  I know that the manuals are
available on-line for System V/386 from AT&T.  Certainly would be cheaper
to print them out myself, but I don't suppose Apple would allow that. :-(

--
Piper Keairnes         * piper at s5000.rsvl.unisys.com        * Purdue Univ.
Unisys Corporation     * uunet!s5000.rsvl.unisys.com!piper  * Computing Center