f77, sdb, and prof

theodore d taylor tdtyl at hubcap.clemson.edu
Sun Feb 24 04:02:34 AEST 1991

    I am having trouble with my sdb, prof, and f77
procedures.  I think that these procedures might have been
corrupted, but I can't be sure.  I have checked my system
with fsck (using the -n option) and found everything to be
okay.  I have also used esch -b from the startup shell and
everything seems fine.  The esch procedure, however, only
checks the files necessary for a minimum unix system--those
files listed in /etc/cml/initab2 (or something like this).
The procedures f77 etc. are not listed in this file.  There
is another file which is /etc/cml/otherfiles (I think) where
these files are listed.  Could I get esch to check these
files (listed in /etc/cml/otherfiles) by moving the original
files into a temporary subdirectory, such as /etc/cml/temp
and then copying /etc/cml/temp/otherfiles back to
/etc/cml/initab2?  Do duplicates of the files listed in
/etc/cml/otherfiles exist?   Thank you.
                        T. D. Taylor
                        Department of Ceramic Engineering
                        Clemson University