A/UX 2.0 curses - buggy at the best ?

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at dront.nada.kth.se
Wed Jan 23 06:31:21 AEST 1991

In article <> liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:

>>I've tried to use the supplied AUX curses library, and run into

>Which version of curses are you using? The choices under A/UX are:

>>2) A_BOLD changes the spacing of the text as well as boldifying it.
>>   Making this work in a sensible way would be trivial. (This might

I believe the attributes aren't available under BSD curses ?
It's the terminfo version, for sure.

>This is a problem due to the CommandShell - it tries to get bold text (as
>distinct from reverse mode and underline mode) by the old daisywheel trick of

Well, moving left one pixel after drawing each character would make
things work in a much better way. I PLEAD for this being implemented !

>>3) The keypad ( ) numbers don't work very well either - the arrow

>This is due to a bug in the handling of multi-byte character sequences with
>select/raw mode input - it was described on this newsgroup some while ago and
>I worked away at it a bit and sent in a proper SPR on it.

Let's hope... 2.0.1 is due soon...

>the CommandShell terminal emulation problem is to use the much vaunted Comms
>Toolbox and have a CommandShell whose terminal emulation was provided by a
>Comms Toolbox terminal tool: we could then plug in our own terminal types as

How very appropriate ! A good solution !

Meanwhile, I'm disgruntedly forced to work in the SPARC this has to
be compatible with.
							h+

Jon W{tte, Stockholm, Sweden, h+ at nada.kth.se
:: This article is fake. If you take it for real, the _REAL_
:: Jon W{tte will sue you for slander. So there ! Nyah ! :-)