FOLLOWUP: Mac<-->A/UX file translation??

brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Jan 16 07:51:54 AEST 1991

(Geez, how embarrasing...)  Well, I found the "solution" to my question right
here in this very news group, in postings dating a few weeks back.  Someone
indicated that the Finder type and creator should be 'BIN ' and 'A/UX',
respectively.  I tried it, copied from Mac to UFS file systems, and my
".tar.Z" files appear to be in order.

I still haven't found any information to indicate just exactly WHAT
translations take place when coping files between the two files systems,
under what circumstances.  Anybody know?

Rick BRownrigg
Kansas Geological Survey