Strange palette changes with A/UX

Dick Dramstad rad at mbunix.mitre.org
Tue Jan 1 02:13:38 AEST 1991

	Ever since I converted to A/UX 2.0 back in October, I've had
strange palette changes where the background color (and sometimes other
portions of the pallete, as well) of my Mac windows would change,
usually to red but other colors as well, when I would be "mousing
around" the lower right hand corner of my screen.  At first, I thought
it was some specific application that caused the problem (TeachText was
an early favorite suspect), but today I finally realized it happened
*whenever* the point of my mouse cursor moved into the last line down
in the bottom right hand corner (e.g., with MacX, with Finder,
CommandShell, etc.).

	I have a Mac IIfx with an Apple Ethernet card, a  SuperMac 19"
monitor, and the Spectrum 8 video card.  (The card has the newer ROM
that actually allows A/UX to boot...)

	Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Is it Supermac
Spectrum 8 specific?  Any idea what might be causing the problem.  It
doesn't seem to cause any crashes (I just reset my palette by bringing
up the Color Control Panel color wheel), but it is annoying.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Dick Dramstad