Sharp JX-300 scanner problems

Matthias Urlichs urlichs at smurf.sub.org
Tue Jan 1 03:54:07 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.aux, article <2804 at redstar.cs.qmw.ac.uk>,
  liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:
< In <2174 at sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> anthony at cs.adelaide.edu.au (Anthony
< Dunstan) writes:
<
< >We are having problems with the Sharp JX-300 scanner under A/UX 2.0,
< >the provided drivers work but don't do anything.
<
<There is no SCSI Manager support in A/UX 2.0, so nothing that tries to drive
<its own SCSI devices using a Mac driver is going to work at all: this gets rid
<of all scanners, the SCSI-connected laserwriters, everything.
<
There isn't _yet_.

I'm currently working on one. The problem is that the A/UX SCSI handling is
sufficiently different (read: the MacOS SCSI manager does not correspond to
real-world SCSI very well) as to give everyone a big headache.

No, I don't know when it'll be ready. If somebody wants to help with testing,
send me some mail. (Having the 2.0 device driver development kit is a must
as there are some differences which require changes in the SCSI error
handling.)

--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs at smurf.sub.org -- urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de     /(o\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49+721+621127(0700-2330)   \o)/