Ethernet card help

Herb Weiner herbw at wiskit.rain.com
Sun May 5 15:47:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991May1.151300.30263 at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>
1k1mgm at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Christopher Gunn) writes:

> Hey, I get to do a ME TOO post!

The card you both want is the Asante MacCon+ II E-64 Ethernet Card.  It
supports Thick and Thin Ethernet (switch selectable), has 64 KB of RAM,
is register compatible with the Apple Card (which means that you can
use Apple's drivers, and don't have to depend on the manufacturer to
supply new drivers with each new release).  It was recommended in Alexis'
MacUser article reviewing A/UX 2.0.  (Thanks, Alexis!)

Asante can be reached at (800) 662-9686.  (They also make a card that
supports 10-Base-T Twisted Pair Cable -- that's the ET-64 version.)

Herb Weiner