tcsh problem on 2.0.1

Chih-kan Wang ckwang at cs.utexas.edu
Mon May 6 08:16:57 AEST 1991

I downloaded the compiled tcsh from aux.support.apple.com, put it in /bin,
edited the /etc/shells, set proper access mode (as the root), and chsh to
tcsh (in an ordinary user account). Then when I login again and opened
commandshells, my .login file in home directory didn't get executed. But
if I changed back to csh, everything went back to normal.  Does anybody
have any similar experience?

The configuration is:

	MacIIsi 5/105
	AUX 2.0.1
	patched CommandShell from aux.support.apple.com
		(support VT100 compatible numerical keypad)
	tcsh 5.18 compiled for AUX 2.0

Thanks in advance.

CK

p.s. If I have to recompile it, does anybody know where I can find csh
     source? I got the tcsh source from comp.sources.unix, but it requires
     csh source too.