gcc under X "2.1"

Brad Taylor taylor at ddtg.com
Fri May 31 06:16:28 AEST 1991

In article <24200 at lanl.gov> chn at lanl.gov (Charles Neil) writes:
>I installed Apple's upgrade to their X product.  They finally produced
>a compiled server that's faster than the donated one on the MIT tape
>when compiled with gcc.  Thanks Apple!  Here is the question:  how does
>one get imake to create makefiles with gcc and the proper defines?  What
>I did is to #define MacUseGcc in .../config/macII.cf.  Is this the right
>thing to do?
>--
>
>	-Charlie Neil (chn at lanl.gov)
>	 Los Alamos National Laboratory (505) 665-0978

Yes, it correct to define this in macII.cf. You must also use the define that comes with the
stock "site.def" file(#define CcCmd gcc -DNOSTDHDRS -fstrength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return -fw
ritable-strings -traditional). Once "imake" is compiled, you can then run "make World >& make.world"
from the "TOP" directory.

--
--Brad Taylor                         | FJ1200...No AMA number yet!
  Sys Admin                           | My opinions are my own, not DuPont's...