trouble with telnet

Jim Jagielski jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue May 28 21:42:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991May28.104442.2025 at am.dsir.govt.nz> sramtrc at albert.dsir.govt.nz writes:
}
}In article <2841628D.28272 at orion.oac.uci.edu>,
}rprohask at orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:
}|>
}|> Where does one put the "route add default" command so as to be sure it
}|> has some eab or /etc/rc has no detectablet 3 minutes
}
}I don't understand your last line above. Too much of the old medicinal
}brandy eh?
}
} /* stuff about where to put route deleted 'cause I felt like it :) */
}
}At the two internet sites that I have had my Mac installed, the network
}administrators' instructions have been "do not run in.routed". It can get
}networks confused. I think it is for primitive types of network or
}something.

It's better for large/complex networks to have your workstations run in.routed
with the "-q" flag. In this case, in.routed just LISTENS for routing info and
doesn't send any. Using this method, you have just a few big machines on your
net handle routing and the rest just follow them. This saves a LOT of headaches
and problems.

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.4
     jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as a man
 and then compare the relative brain size, we know find that the penguin's
 brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it WAS!"