Installing 2.0.1 from NEC CD-ROM

Brian Bechtel blob at Apple.COM
Fri May 24 08:37:49 AEST 1991

gt6337a at prism.gatech.EDU (Niel M. Bornstein) writes:

>Has anyone successfully installed A/UX 2.0.1 on a Mac IIci from an NEC CD-ROM
>drive?

I have yet to see a message on either AppleLink or Usenet indicating
that someone has successfully installed A/UX from an NEC CD-ROM drive.
I have seen messages indicating success with Toshiba and (of course)
Apple CD-ROM drives.  I have seen messages from people who claimed to
have talked with NEC and have been told that the NEC CDR-35 isn't
compatible with A/UX.  I don't know about other NEC drives.

--Brian Bechtel     blob at apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"