Using NFS from A/UX 2.0.1

Tony Cooper tony at tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz
Tue May 28 21:00:49 AEST 1991

|> Does anyone have direct experience using A/UX as an NFS client? I'd like
|> to hear about the problems encountered.

I mount two SunOS4.1 disks on my A/UX system and I have never had any problems
whatsoever. They are fast, too, and so trouble free that I think they are
my own disks. I have even had /shlib on them with no problems although I
think that Apple recommend that this not be done. In fact, I have had so
little trouble with mounted disks that even when people said that you could
not compile and run code on them due to a bug, I could. I even built X11R4
on a mounted disk. They only times I have problems is when the Sun disks
are down whereupon A/UX hangs for various operations such as df and getwd.
(Other UNIXs, but not all, do this hanging too).

Don't forget that there is a nfs patch in aux.support.apple.com that is more
recent than A/UX 2.0.1. It fixes the compiling problem that some people had.

|> 	- Celibacy is a curable condition -

A good night in bed cures it.