GaAs CMOS in Cray-3 ?

Alexander Mulder alexm at microsoft.UUCP
Wed Jul 26 02:26:02 AEST 1989

In article <4939 at alvin.mcnc.org> schacham at mcnc.org.UUCP (Samuel E. Schacham) writes:
>A combination of enhancement-depletion DOES NOT function as a CMOS!
>There are basic differences.

I agree : you need some kind of P-device to create a CMOS circuit.
The difference between enhancement or depletion devices is of little
use in this, I think. One could think of tricky alternatives for CMOS
using only N transistors, with a steered N as pull-up, but that would
really complicate the design. So, the question remains what Cray uses !
If Cray Computer already has some unix sites installed, they might
tell us... :-)

--- Alexander Mulder -------------------------------- uunet!microsoft!alexm ---