GaAs CMOS in Cray-3 ?

Arnie Frisch arnief at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Fri Jul 28 04:12:35 AEST 1989

In article <24035 at obiwan.mips.COM>, mark at mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) writes:
> I have before me a copy of U.S. Patent number 4,638,188.
>
> "PHASE MODULATED PULSE LOGIC FOR GALLIUM ARSENIDE"
>
>     The patent describes a circuit family which is constructed of
>     N-channel depletion-mode MESFETs, schottky diodes, and resistors.

Various forms of AC coupled logic have been implemented before, in GaAs
and other technologies.  I believe some previous work was done in
England in GaAs.  Just because CRAY has this patent doesn't mean that
this is the methodology of the CRAY 3.

Arnold Frisch
Tektronix Laboratories