Urgent question on UNICOS accounting

gerben at vax1.sara.nl gerben at vax1.sara.nl
Wed Nov 21 20:11:13 AEST 1990

Hello,

We will be installing a CRAY Y-MP with UNICOS 5.1.11 in decmeber.
We are looking at the accounting in UNICOS, both for acceptance and
to define a proper accounting formula for production in January.
Our requirement is that accounting should be (reasonably)
reproducible in an empty and loaded system.
We are billing our users and they want to be
billed equaly for the same job, independent of other jobs.
CRAY can not tell us which resource parameters are reproducible
for a job. We can understand that the system CPU time may vary
according to the load of the system. But how about user CPU time
and memory usage? What accounting info are other UNICOS sites
using for billing? Any experience is welcome.
Thank you ,

Paul Wielinga, Operating Systems Department
SARA, Academic Computer Services Amsterdam
E-mail: wielinga @ sara.nl

or
Gerben Jansen (gerben at sara.nl)