CPU time factors

Edgar Gorres egorres at rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU
Wed Jun 12 14:22:51 AEST 1991

Hello,
   I am doing a computational study on a VAX 8700 and I need to compare
my results with other studies performed on a Cray X-MP with vector
processing inhibited, using a basic, single processor.  I was wondering
if any of you out there know the speed of the Cray relative to the Vax,
specifically I need something like "the Cray is x.x times faster than
the Vax" so that I can compare CPU times.
   While we're on this topic, can someone also tell me the speed of Cray
compared to IBM 3033?
   Thank you!
- Edgar