SCO Foxbase under other vendors' Sys V/386?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.UUCP
Fri Aug 25 22:07:20 AEST 1989

In article <13489 at megaron.arizona.edu>, cjeffery at arizona.edu (Clinton Jeffery) writes:

> I know that these Sys V/386 systems advertise Xenix binary compatibility,
> but would I be better off to buy Xenix if I need to run Foxbase?  In other
> words, has anyone else run Foxbase on a non-SCO OS and lived to tell
> about it?

I haven't used foxbase, but I have used several other xenix software packages
under 386/ix and Bell Tech SV 3.2 without any problems other than the fact
that the compatability is for executables not for libraries.  Xenix libraries
are not recognized by the system V loader and/or archiver.