Intel spec 32-bit slots

SE Sun/PDX neighorn at nosun.UUCP
Fri Aug 18 06:27:44 AEST 1989

In article <19096 at gatech.edu> ken at gatech.edu (Ken Seefried III) writes:
>I require some information concerning the Intel 32-bit bus.
>First, where does one find the specification for this bus?

The Intel OEM manual for the "301" motherboard contains information
on the 301-style 32-bit bus. The "302" manual has similar information
for the 302-style 32-bit bus. You can't take 301 memory cards and
put them in the 302.

>Lastly, I am curious as to what boards have been designed to use this
>board, especially memory boards larger than 2MB.  So far, I know of
>the Intel 2 MB RAM boards and the Mylex MX376 SCSI controller board.

The only cards I know of are the Intel 2 MB dRAM card, the Intel 8 MB
dRAM card, and the SCSI controller board you mentioned.
--
Steven C. Neighorn           !tektronix!{psu-cs,nosun,ogccse}!qiclab!neighorn
Sun Microsystems, Inc.      "Where we DESIGN the Star Fighters that defend the