Slow printing in 386/ix

Peter Fales psfales at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Tue Aug 22 13:34:25 AEST 1989

In article <1989Aug10.191352.8363 at esegue.uucp>, johnl at esegue.uucp (John Levine) writes:
> I am running 386/ix 2.0.2 on a 25MHz Intel clone, to which I have attached
> an HP Deskjet printer with the usual parallel interface.  It works, but the
> printer runs at a small fraction of the speed at which it runs when I'm
> running DOS.

This sounds so much like a problem I had, that I have to mention it, even
though it may not be related to your problem.

I had an AT&T 6386 WGS with a Deskjet printer that worked fine under DOS,
but ran terribly slowly (a few characters/second) when I started running
UNIX/386.  After much trial and error, the problem turned out that another
card in the system, a network card that I hadn't even installed the driver
for, was tied to the same interrupt as the parallel interface.  Once I
pulled that card out the system, things started working fine.

Just a thought.
--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-420
				2000 N. Naperville Rd.