Wy60 at high baud rates

Dennis P. Bednar dennis at virtech.UUCP
Thu Aug 17 18:58:08 AEST 1989

In article <5992 at lynx.UUCP>, m5 at lynx.uucp (Mike McNally) writes:

> Don't buy a Wyse 60.  They suck.  Sure, they have lot's of intelligence, but
> reliability is nonexistant.  There's also this nifty feature: when the
> host starts sending lots of stuff at high baud rates, the terminal begins
> *ignoring the keyboard*.  The Wyse technical support people I've talked
> to admit this, but they don't think it's a problem.  What a laugh.

I  have  a  wy60  running  at 38400, with XON/XOFF flow control
enabled (in  both  directions),  and  sometimes when  I press ^U
repeatedly in vi, the screen messes up royally, and I have to
pause, then  press ^L to refresh the screen. Is this another
symptom of the problem?

The problem was not noticed when we had BT 368 using an ICC serial
card. However, now that we have upgraded our machine to ISC and
now that my Wy60 is connected to a Maxpeed serial card, I have noticed
the problem.  Maybe the intercharacter delay for the Maxpeed is
occasionally too short in time for the wy60 ?