termio question

Al Evans al at inebriae.UUCP
Mon Aug 28 00:01:41 AEST 1989

Since I installed ISC 386/ix 2.0.2, I have twice run into the following
problem:

Some pieces of software (specifically, bnews and Nethack 3.0f) depend
upon the existence of the TIOCGWINSZ ioctl call in determining their
strategies for getting the number of rows and columns the current terminal
supports. In these two case, at least, the software assumes that
#ifdef TIOCGWINSZ, there is also a defined structure winsize. My
copy of /usr/lib/sys/termio.h does not define this structure, nor does
the man page for termio(7) say anything about the ioctl call or the
structure. I would really prefer to find out what the proper data
structure is, and add it to termio.h -- hacking around this in the
source is too ugly for my excruciatingly correct esthetic senses :-).
					--Al Evans--
--
Al Evans    {tntdev,texbell,ssbn}!inebriae!al
            al at inebriae.WLK.COM