Acceptable Unix Configuration?

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Sat Aug 26 11:48:02 AEST 1989

In article <6700020 at adaptex> neese at adaptex.UUCP writes:

>OOPS, I forgot,....you will have problems with the video adapter as it
>takes up all of the BIOS area.  This leaves no room for the Adaptec BIOS
>thus not allowing you to boot.

I have a Video 7 VRAM card and would like to use the Adaptek SCSI
controller in my system.  Normally, the card is used in 16-bit BIOS
mode and takes up the address space from C000 - DFFF, but you can
switch the card to 8-bit BIOS mode and it will only take up the space
from C000 - C7FF.  Would using the 8-bit mode allow enough room for
the Adaptek BIOS so that I could boot the system?

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University