SCO Foxbase under other vendors' Sys V/386?

~XT6510300~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Thu Aug 31 04:54:15 AEST 1989

In article <1072 at virtech.UUCP> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>I haven't used foxbase, but I have used several other xenix software packages
>under 386/ix and Bell Tech SV 3.2 without any problems other than the fact
>that the compatability is for executables not for libraries.  Xenix libraries
>are not recognized by the system V loader and/or archiver.

The incompatibility with Xenix libraries holds true.  Also, there have been
several people that had problems with Xenix file and record locking under
AT&T 3.2 Unix.  If you have or purchase AT&T Unix, there is a fix available by
calling 1-800-922-0354.  Other than that, we didn't have any
compatibility problems with Foxbase, but we didn't certify it either.

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support