Microsoft Word & (SCO) Unix 3.2

Bob Palowoda palowoda at megatest.UUCP
Sat Aug 19 16:39:40 AEST 1989

>From article <LARRY.89Aug17095648 at focsys.UUCP>, by larry at UUCP (Larry Williamson):
>
> SCO markets a Xenix/Unix version of Microsoft Word. The
> version is 3.0.4, (according to an SCO sales rep).  How does
> this version of MSWord compare with MSWord 5.0?
>
> SCO claims that it works with SCO Unix 3.2. Will it work
> with any of the other versions of Unix 3.2? (ie. ISC, Bell
> Tech, AT&T).
>
> SCO's sales rep said, "We don't try our software with anyone
> else's Operating System - you have to try it yourself". (Which,
> to me, does not sound like the best way to sell MSWord).
>
> We would like to use it with Interactive's 386/ix 2.0.x. Does
> anyone have any experience with this product?

  I was thinking the same thing. I was also wonder what compilier
  SCO is going to compile there apps packages with?

  If it going to be compiled with MSC that it's got to go through
  the 286/386 emulator and that slows things down. At least I
  notice it. It would be great if SCO offers packages compiled
  with your choice of compilier.

  ---Bob

--
 Bob Palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*                   login: bbs
 Work: {sun,decwrl,pyramid}!megatest!palowoda